Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Look what I found growing out back. Beautiful!

Today I briefly worked both my boys in the round pen.


Then I saddled up and ponied the baby all over the place. We even went out on the road and got to encounter traffic. That wasn't near as scary as the remains of an old fence post lying on the side of the road. My Tonka...

Linda at Beautiful Mustang had a good point the other day. Ponying doesn't build the same bond as walking with your horse. Scout thinks the sun rises and sets by Tonka, and the moon too! So when I got down out of the saddle he was still glued to Tonka like a baby to his mama's side. He didn't give a darn what I was up to (until I insisted he peel off), he just wanted to stay next to Tonka. Maybe tomorrow we'll go for a walk. But it's nice to be able to get two horses worked with at one time...

Linda also gave me a Beautiful Blogger award. Thank you Linda! I was afraid to download the picture, because I just recently got a nasty virus. And I'm also going to be lazy about nominating new blogs for the award. I'm sorry! I feel bad, but I just... I'm too lazy. Lately I've been barely making it through the days, there's so much stress, work, and running around. My horse time keeps me from going insane.

Speaking of which, I had a great time today lying in the green grass with my two dogs cuddling against me and my horse grazing on the lead line in the sun. Drinking in the warm spring breeze. So peaceful. Then I realized if anyone noticed me from a distance they'd probably think I'd been thrown and was hurt (Tonka was still saddled). He'd exhausted the grass within reach anyway, so I called it quits and went back to reality.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I'm still not done with my list of nominations--so I understand why you'd want to bypass that part. Actually, I'm dealing with a bad colic right now, so this is one of the rare moments I get to check my computer and visit blogs. Looks like you've been busy!

Jayke said...

You have green grass!? I'm jealous. All we've got out here is brown. No snow mind you, just brown.

Kara said...

The flowers are beautiful! That picture really makes me miss Idaho. Idaho has the most wonderful spring wildflowers! You live in a beautiful place.

Lea and her Mustangs said...

I don't know how to do the award thing, so I just apreciate them and don't do anything more. I think Ponying has a good result too. They see you up on their friend and learn to follow on a lead line to places where you might not walk them. I like to do both. Your flowers were so pretty, haven't found any surprises like that around here.