Friday, August 06, 2010

"Let's just see what's around that next ridge." "But it looks like we're almost to the top, let's keep going." "I think the trail's going to turn and go down right ahead, what if we turn back now and we're almost to the road we want?"

Those are the things I said today that led me on a 6 1/2 hour trail ride rather than the leisurely few hours I'd planned.

I have Melissa to thank for all the wonderful pictures in this post.

Here's Gypsy, Huckleberry, and Dixie. Aren't they adorable?

The view from atop Mount Margaret. We were on top of the world! And we could see Melissa's house from there.
I love the lighting in this picture:

Here's my hot dog wallowing like a pig in the first mud he found.

He loves to burrow his nose into the water or mud. I'm glad he comes clean before we get back to the trailer!

Here's the best picture of all! Gypsy with her new owner! I am so incredibly glad Melissa wants her, because I know Gypsy will be in a wonderful home with a very caring woman.

Now for some other big news that I couldn't bring myself to write about until now - Dove went to her new home yesterday. She has a nice family to take care of her and they're going to train her as a trail horse. I was so happy to see how excited they were to get her home, with her pretty purple halter and new lead rope, and the whole family all gathered around to greet her. It was great.

A HUGE thank you goes out to all of you who donated toward her care! She got the second (third?) chance she deserved. I had hoped to charge an adoption fee and pay back some of the money that was donated, but I ended up giving her to her new people. So you all just get a great big cyber-hug and a pat on the back for saving the life of a very worthy individual.

No comments: