Monday, September 27, 2010

I have to say, the Chris Cox company has excellent customer service. I highly recommend them if you're looking to buy a good product with good people to stand behind it. Just because it didn't work out for me, don't let that hold you back. They are willing to refund me on the saddle pad! Yay!

I also sold my wade saddle today, so when the money comes in for both of those things I'll be a step closer to a treeless saddle.

There are a lot of things to consider when looking at treeless saddles. For me, foremost is quality. And it has to be safe for the horse's back. I'm interested in Bob Marshall saddles but concerned that there is no spine relief. The Black Forest saddle (another company with excellent customer service) has built-in spine relief and sells a pad to make the horse's back comfortable. I'm leaning toward the Black Forest saddle but I have to admit I'm liking the looks of the Bob Marshall better. But they're both funny looking, in all reality. I'm very nervous about making this plunge into the treeless world. But also a little excited.

We've been continuing to ride bareback a little every day, but I worry it might be making Tonka's back sore. I might try putting a pad under the bareback pad. It is so nice to not have to heave a heavy saddle up onto his back. And it takes all of 2 minutes to be ready to ride, with just the cinch to buckle. Nice. Not so nice that I can't get back on if I need to get off, though. I've been able to avoid getting off so far.

No comments: