Wednesday, May 02, 2012

 We had another excellent ride tonight.  Tonka did seem cranky and his hind end wasn't working right.  Still don't know if it's saddle issues or EPSM.  But I'll go back to the good saddle, he seems to like it better.  Or maybe alternate between the two.  John rode him again and they did great, although John noticed his cranky expression too.

Bella was AMAZING!  Now that we're moving out around the field, actually going places, she's happy and alert, and I can't see any sign of worry or fear as we wander around.  She does get a little sticky about turns away from Soxy and Scout back in the other pasture, but nothing terrible.  Oddly, she doesn't really care where Tonka is, as long as he's not crowding her.  We could take off in a different direction altogether and she didn't bat an eyelash.  Love that. 

I think I am going to try a different saddle pad with her again, to hold up the front of the saddle a little better.  She's downhill which feels a little weird to me and maybe it puts a lot of weight in the front of the saddle?  I don't know...  But you know how I like to fiddle with things. 

Next it's Scout's turn.  The weather is supposed to be nasty and we're going to be busy, but soon he'll get to come out and play too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every day there is a good ride (or two) is a good day!