I've been nominated by two wonderful bloggers for an award! It's called the Liebster award. Lieb means love in German, I know, but apparently Liebster means beloved and valued. So very sweet! Head on over and meet the nice bloggers who have honored me - you'll find mustangs and donkeys, two of my favorite things!
http://horseshoesandhearts.blogspot.com/ & http://thedancingdonkey.blogspot.com/
These are the requirements of the Liebster award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
1. I'm tired almost all the time.
2. One of my favorite things is the smell of a forest. Any forest, but especially a cedar forest.
3. When I was 4 or 5 I broke my nose by falling on my face. Hello? Arms? Where were you?
4. I detest the smell of an elementary school. I remind myself of this every time I start thinking maybe it would be fun to have another baby.
5. I'd love to own a small dairy cow but we don't drink that much milk. Oh, and there are a few other little problems - I don't have time and I'm too tired.
6. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Actually, I think I'd love to be an Equine Nutritionist. Or better yet, some sort of holistic, naturopathic equine consultant.
7. I used to do a lot of stupid things in the French Quarter and yet I somehow never ended up in a dangerous situation. Charmed life, I suppose. Certainly couldn't have been common sense. Although I was smart enough to pass up an offer to travel to Florida with a couple of friendly drifters.
8. I have been sitting here trying to think of a random fact to fit in this slot for over 10 minutes now. Ooh, I've got one. I don't believe time is linear. That's how we have love at first sight. And I believe in reincarnation. Which is also how we have love at first sight. And I believe in love at first sight - or at least a flash of recognition - in case you hadn't gleaned that fact from my previous statements.
9. I'm finding that I REALLY enjoy gardening. Food, that is.
10. I haven't planted Tonka's memorial garden yet. It's been on my mind a lot lately.
11. I still miss Tonka every single day.
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Somewhere in or near the Rocky Mountains. Where I'm at now is pretty good, but I'd rather be a little farther from civilization. Or at least adjacent to some trails.
2. Do you have a bucket list and if so, name one thing off of it?
I don't have one. I can't think of anything I would absolutely have to do if I found out I was going to die soon, besides spend a lot of time with my family & friends.
3. When you aren't doing equine stuff- what is your favorite pastime?
Hiking with my family.
4. Your favorite guilty pleasure?
Napping in the middle of a beautiful day - there are so many more productive things I could be doing at a time like that, but a short nap with the windows open, birds singing, and a warm breeze - that's heavenly.
5. Tell us about the love of your life (2 legged or 4 legged, past or present)
Hum. I could tell you Tonka's story but that's what this blog was about from '06 until September of last year. It's all there.
6. What goals do you have for you and your horse(s)?
Just to get to where we are relaxed and happy together, especially out on the trail, in the woods, with a little stream and the light coming through at a romantic angle.
7. Do you have one ride of your life that was the most memorable? Can you tell us about it?
I had a couple rides with Tonka last summer, not knowing they were a couple of our last, that were everything I ever wanted. Peaceful togetherness & laughter.
8. Dogs or Cats? (or both)
9. What is your first reaction if you see a snake? How about a mouse?
Depends on the situation. If I almost touch it, not knowing it's there, I've been known to make a stupid noise. Otherwise I curse the mouse and wish the snake happy hunting.
10. How do you feel about roller coasters?
I used to love them. I'm too old now, apparently.
That's too hard. I'm going to give you my favorite TV show because it's so much better than any movie. FIREFLY. I LOVE FIREFLY. There was a movie that went along with it - Serenity. As for just movies - Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead is the first one that comes to mind. Some Kind of Wonderful. Just about any of the Marx Brothers movies. Labyrinth, Legend. American Beauty. So I Married an Axe Murderer. The Last Unicorn. I've watched all of these more than once, which is saying a lot because I don't like to re-watch things.
Now, as for passing on the award, I'm too tired. :) Actually I'm just too lazy. Sorry. But I have enjoyed playing! And if any of my blogging friends want to consider themselves nominated - please do! I'd love to read your random facts and answers.