Monday, July 22, 2013


 
We went on another family hiking/biking/riding trip yesterday.  It was a new trail and I have to say after the first mile or so it wasn't anything worth writing about.  I probably feel a little disappointed in it mostly because it was too hot.  There are other trails out there that we could still explore.







Scout and I were tired but we went out again today.  
The morning didn't start out real well.  I heard my brother-in-law's truck was totaled but he and my nephew were fine, so I was worrying about what exactly happened there, and whether I should really be heading home instead of going riding, but my friend was already there so I was kind of committed.

THEN I heard a hissing noise as I was getting Scout groomed by the trailer.  There was a half-inch tear in the trailer tire, so I had to change that before we could ride (it would be too darn hot later). 

Then halfway through our ride I realized we'd lost an EasyBoot, and we couldn't go back very far looking for it, so we'll have to go out again soon.  I couldn't go this evening.  Normally I don't bother with boots, but the ride yesterday was rocky and Scout seemed ouchy.  I didn't know what we were going to run into today so I wanted to be careful and protect his little feet.  Turns out I didn't really need them.  And the one that flew off wouldn't have come off if the gaiter hadn't been torn by some naughty horse and then not replaced.  I tried to secure it with Vetrap and obviously that didn't work.

Blue got to come this time.  He's a good dog.





I lost my boot somewhere before this point in the ride - took this pic to mark the location on my phone's EveryTrail app.  So hopefully one day after work this week I'll be able to find it.  If it didn't fly off into the brush.
Oh, but I'm without a trailer because that tire couldn't be fixed and I can't get a new one right away.  So I'll either go pick up my sister and her horse and trailer (she's without a truck right now because of the accident) or we'll just go hike it.  

Everyone seems to be okay after the accident, although I think there will be some serious soreness tomorrow.  Also, they were not at fault and insurance will cover the totaled pickup.  Thank goodness nothing went seriously wrong today - just a lot of miniature disasters and minor catastrophes, and a lot of stress.  Although I still really wish they hadn't had that accident today.  Too scary.

3 comments:

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

glad no one is seriously hurt! You'll be in my thoughts, hope you manage to find the missing boot and it's not in a bush!

shadowlake2005 said...

I love that picture of Scout with his head turned back toward you.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Thank you both!

Everyone is still doing fine. What luck they weren't hurt worse.

I don't know when I'll get out to look for that boot. Hope some wild animal doesn't pack it off!

I liked that pic of Scout too. His mane is sure pretty. I'm glad it doesn't tangle constantly like his mom's does.