Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Last night I dreamed that Tonka was back.  He hadn't died, just been gone for a while, and I was so happy to see him.  I have these dreams every now and then and they're hard to wake up from.  My lovely, loving, funny boy.  Still miss him every day.



 

I was thinking about all the hours he and I spent together.  Every single day for so many years, when I didn't have a job to wear me down.   A partnership like that doesn't happen overnight, and it doesn't happen without effort and struggle and working together.  I can't wait to build that kind of a bond with Jasper.  I am dying to get out on the trail with him!  I've always kind of been amazed when people say they don't have time to ride.  You make time!  But between my job and my family and a lack of anyone to ride with, I kinda get it now.  Soon, though.  Soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The fist blog post I ever read of yours was one where you had pictures of you and Tonka riding the trails near your home. I am pretty sure my first comment was "Wow, that name sure fits him...he's a tank!" He reminded me of a Tonka Truck.

I fell in love with your relationship with that horse from day one. One of the hardest posts I have ever read was when you had to let him go. I am glad that you have Jasper now, and I hope he can help mend your heart.