Sunday, June 19, 2016

I dont know why

Pedro has gone away from us.

He fell down trying to get up on Wednesday, and then he seemed pretty okay, but in retrospect I don't think he was laying down at all. On Friday he lay down and couldn't get up anymore. He beat himself up trying. I gave him some oral sedation and fed him gobs of treats until the end.

I can't tell you how much I loved him. He was one of the special ones. It's going to take a while for this to sink in. I can't believe I'll never kiss his nose again.

The day of the donkey is done. But, as they say, it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. I'm sad, but I'm also happy to have had a great time and an even greater love with him. It was something else. What a guy.















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry - it's never easy when they go. I'm glad you've got so many good memories of him.

The Dancing Donkey said...

I am so, so sorry. These donkeys have such an uncanny way of getting right inside your heart. I am glad you had that, but so sorry for its lose.

Snipe said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. He truly was special.

Linda said...

I saw this on Facebook. It's heartbreaking, Andrea. I'm so sorry.

T.L. Merrybard said...

Oh golly, I'm so sorry. Run free Pedro!