Sunday, February 19, 2017

A Newww Car!

(You're supposed to say the title in Bob Baker's Price is Right voice.)

I bought a car! Not a new car, but it looks pretty new, and it has low miles for its age. It's a 2010 Toyota Matrix all wheel drive. I absolutely love it! Except the color. But it's growing on me. And the gas mileage isn't great. But it has a back cargo area that's perfect for muddy dogs. And the all wheel drive works just like a Subaru. I've wanted that every winter for a long time, but I really prefer Toyotas. They don't make these any more and apparently they're pretty hard to get. I was just in the right place at the right time.

My new AdventureMobile!


I actually wanted to buy one of these years ago when they were still making them, but I couldn't afford it at the time.

I hope it lives as long as my little Echo did. :)

We drove out to one of my favorite hiking/riding spots to try it out and take the above pics. Of course we didn't hike. I'm too darn sick and there's too much snow. But it was pretty out there. The footbridge was completely piled with snow.


2 comments:

Snipe said...

I didn't know they made the Matrix in AWD. I'm a big fan of Toyotas. I have a 2007 Corolla with 235k miles on it, and it just keeps going. The local showroom has an Echo with 454k miles on it, and it still looks great.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

That's pretty amazing. I wonder if my Echo would have made it that long if we hadn't been rear-ended. We were at 360k and still going strong.

My first car was a Corolla. I loved it. Zippy little manual, '88, got great mileage, good in the snow. I went over White Pass at 2am in a blizzard and didn't die. Young people do stupid things. :)