Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Books, farrier, etc

I am so bored! Sitting at home alone for days and days... Gah! My cold is getting better, but slowly... I've finished two books in the last couple days. A sci-fi called Retrograde (good) and an autobiography of Richard Feynman, which I was surprised to find I really enjoyed. I don't normally read non-fiction but his was fast paced and interesting.

The farrier came today. Everyone was well behaved as usual, except Scout, who was a tad bit wiggly, as usual. That horse needs a more challenging, active lifestyle.

I like my farrier and I want to make sure he knows I appreciate him, so I wanted to give him something nice for Christmas. I was thinking cookies or something he could share with his family but I have the cooties, so I made him a halter with a nice rope clip and a hand spliced lead rope. I had already made the lead rope. I figured if he already had too many he could re-gift it. He loved it. :) He's a guy who likes quality workmanship, so that made me feel good.

Gotta go - funeral planning. Wish me luck going out in the world.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm sure your farrier did love it. It is a bummer that you got sick, on top of all else, but not surprising. Get better and good luck going out in the world.