Friday, December 21, 2018

New Saddle #2


I've wanted a Cashel trail saddle since they came out. They're made by Martin, on their Axis tree, which has a great reputation, but for some reason they don't cost an arm and a leg and a spleen and 6 eye-teeth. When they originally came out they were pretty reasonably priced, but when the word got out about them, the price went up. Still, not as bad as most Martin saddles.

I like the simplicity of them, the weight, and the comfort. Halla likes it too. We had a very relaxed, enjoyable ride around home yesterday. I felt like we were more connected and she was less protective of herself. Not all necessarily because of the saddle, of course. It was just nice time together.

Judging by the wear and the style, this might be one of the original ones they came out with, which I like better than the later models. The woman I bought it from on eBay called me and talked to me about it. She had ridden many great miles in this saddle and it brought a tear to her eye when she sold it. She has a new horse though. You know how that goes. 

I'm trying to decide if I want to ride today or not. Between my shoulder and my cold, I probably shouldn't. But YOLO.  Hahahahaha, I hate that term. Also, I need to clean my house. :/ But the sun won't shine every day. Hey, speaking of which, HAPPY SOLSTICE! Heck, I might as well ride.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I dread saddle shopping, but looks like you got a good one. Hope you got your ride in.