Monday, December 03, 2018

Update & Stuff

My shoulder is much improved. Not better, but pretty good if I'm careful. I still couldn't saddle a horse. :( I still haven't seen my doctor. They decided to let me hang until their next available appointment, which was over 2 weeks away at the time.  10 days from now. It'll probably be usable by then but I still have a lot of questions. I love my doctor but do does everyone else, and it takes forever to get to see him.

I haven't even been feeding the horses so life is weird. The ground is muddy. The ducks are still laying. I'm hoping to buy a lightweight treeless saddle now that I sold my Orthoflex saddle. I might be able to saddle up one handed. I've got almost all of my Christmas shopping done, which is unusual for me. We might have to have an early Christmas. I've spent a lot of good time with my sister. She's going on hospice this week. The chemo wasn't really working, and she wasn't healthy enough to keep trying it anyway. But wow, she has been doing much better than we expected. Now the transition is starting, and she's starting to see people who are already gone. But she's still very much with us. We went shopping yesterday for a while & went out to eat. She just had to get out. Cabin fever.

Not much else to report... Just the last dregs of 2018. All swirling with stale coffee grounds and maybe someone flicked their cigarette ashes in there, but we gotta finish it out. Damn. I think I need a sunny day!

6 comments:

farm buddy said...

I am sorry to hear about your sister. I was really hoping her treatment was making a positive difference. I am glad you can spend time with her.

Anonymous said...

Praying for sunshine -- if ever anyone needed it, it's you. Guess you must have more fortitude and tenacity than most people, and I admire you for those qualities.

Linda said...

Oh, Andrea, what a thing to go through. What a blessing that she was strong enough to go out with you and eat. Yes, the dregs of 2018. It doesn't get any worse, and it makes every other concern seem so small. I hope you have as much time as possible together, and that it's bearable for your sister. I know it doesn't help to say that my heart aches for you and her, but it does.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

She thought it did help. Her doctor didn't think so. I don't know, she's made it longer than we expected!

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Nah. Just denial. I'm starting to think about what it will be like when she's gone. She's been my best friend forever... Shit. For now those thoughts don't help, I'm saving them for later.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

We are spending lots of time together. She is getting tired, and the pain is getting bad. She breaks bones coughing. Ridiculous. But we have good times. Heck, even bad times are good when you're together and you only have so much time left. I had fun surprising her with a bunch of comfy jammies and groceries for the whole family today.