Monday, March 18, 2019

Almost Springlike

Juniper is so smart. We saddled up in deep snow, her 2nd or 3rd time with the pack saddle on (I can't remember which), and she was like an old pro.

She did think about taking a second look at the giant pannier bags, but since I acted like it was nothing, it was nothing.

Making tracks, getting a feel for things.

We did a little off-roading. This was a big step for her but you can barely tell from the pics, or from how easily she went down.

No big deal, Ma.

The babies are getting big. They have the run of the horse trailer for now.

This one looks very proud. :D

Baseball season has started. It's cold.

But it was super cool, because there were bighorn sheep AND mountain goats in the hills. I'm not sure I've ever seen both in one day. They're in the picture but you'll have to take my word for it. I would have needed a much better camera.

I'm on a wee trip right now, and the menfolk are holding down the fort at home. I'll be back tomorrow. I hope they remember all the little feed details.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Juniper is great! I'm curious where you are though! Looks like wherever it is, there's no snow. Yay!