Sunday, April 28, 2019

Big Turnout

I turned everyone out together on the big hill yesterday.  There was a lot of running and chasing.  See the deep divots in the ground?

Juniper says those horses are crazy!

After it was over Sawyer stood guard on the hill, keeping his mare away from Scout.

Poor Sawyer, he got a big bite on his back. I think I'm going to have to keep Scout separate.

They've got each other's backs.

Juniper just did her own thing.  She's a strong, independent young woman.

Bella is doing what she does best.  Getting fat.

I picked up two new ducks yesterday - the fawn and the black and white one here.  They appear to be part runner duck.  I hope they fit in well.  They seem skittish but the ducks accepted them right away.  Betty didn't like them, but she's a little cranky sometimes.

I've decided I don't want to raise meat ducks.  It turns out muscovy duck tastes like beef, which is great, but it was way too much work for a little bit of "beef." 
I still need to find a beef to raise (I've decided against yak for now) but we have some fencing work to do first.  Might need to just buy a beef already processed.

I'm hoping to ride today, depending on my cold, the weather, and the bite on Sawyer's back.  Lots of variables...  We shall see!

2 comments:

Lea and her Mustangs said...

Please don't stop your blog. I love reading it and check it often to see what is going on with you. Miss seeing you. Things keep happening here - guess it is called getting old. I don't like it much.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

I don't plan on it!

I miss you guys. I wish we could get together around a campfire and listen to Bob's stories, and have everyone be well! Maybe we should plan a get-together, maybe a BBQ?, later in the year when Bob's hip is healed. Get the old mustang club crew together, or just us? That would be so much fun.