Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Riding Buster and Stuff

If I don't post this now, I never will! 

Buster is doing great! I love riding him. His forward momentum depends very much on where his buddies are... We need to work on that. I think ground driving comes next. I still need to introduce the bit too. 

We've been playing with saddle rigging. I definitely like it better with 2 cinches one set far back to hold the saddle back. I had to order 2 new latigos, this setup with the rear cinch straps doesn't work well. I also sized my britchen to him finally. Man, I hate to Conway buckles.

I gotta go, the farrier is coming but enjoy the pics. Check out my new duck's feet below. It only took me a couple weeks to notice how cool they are.










3 comments:

The Dancing Donkey said...

That Buster is a sweetie, he reminds me of my Ben and you can't go wrong there!

Linda said...

Sounds like he’s the perfect fit! Do donkeys stay somewhat furry throughout the year?

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

They usually shed out around July and then start hairing up again shortly after. I have been really tempted to try to clip him but I don't think my clippers could handle it. :( Poor guy is hot and his hair gets caught when I cinch him up.