Monday, July 29, 2019

Mountain Mischief

I really should take more pictures of people.














I'm pretty sure today was the first time I've ever ridden Sawyer out alone. He was perfect. Well, almost. He wanted to head back to the trailer the entire time. He even whinnied quite a bit when we got back in sight of the trailer. He never does that. "Nobody home, buddy, sorry."



It was Orion's first trail ride. I should have brought another dog to give him confidence but this is "Burr Dog Trail" because Huckleberry always gets covered in so much houndstongue. I have to pick it off my tack at the end of the ride too. So no Huck.  And Winston I still don't fully trust to stick around.

He was afraid to be in front of Sawyer but he stuck really close behind. We had to be careful. Once I thought he was gone because he was so close I couldn't see him.

Here he was finally comfortable enough not to run off when we faced him. By the end of the ride he even got out in front of us in a wide spot.
We only went 3 miles. Plenty for a puppy, an old man, and me on a hot day. Orion is wiped out! He "helped" me with some yard work and now I think it's nap time.

1 comment:

Jenna Blumer said...

What a good boy!