Monday, July 22, 2019

Sunday Funday

We got a new saddle last week and we're just now trying it out. I can mount from the ground! I love my treeless saddle and it's not a problem on a horse, but on Buster it rolled when mounting and dismounting.

This Queen Valley mule and donkey saddle seems to be a good fit, I just have to remember to put it far enough back off his shoulders. (For the record, I don't like the trainer who markets these saddles, but the saddle I had before was a good fit for Bob and Pedro too.)

He'd rather eat than pose for pictures.

I mounted up in the middle of the driveway! No need for a hill or a table or a log to stand on.

We had a nice, short ride and called it a day.

Later we picked 10 pounds of cherries and then we went to the mountains to pick huckleberries again.


I had to pick some flowers too.

Everyone was tired at the end of the day. Good fun was had by all.

1 comment:

Snipe said...

Sounds like another fun adventure! Love the donkey, and the puppy is super cute.