Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Sawyer Solo

Sawyer and I had a nice solo ride yesterday after our riding buddy canceled. Check out his dog tag. I highly recommend boomerangtags.com, they are tough as heck and deeply engraved. I would rather wait the few days it takes them to get here than waste my money on anything else. The dogs have had theirs for up to 10 years now (depending on which dog).


This trail has old miner's cabin to see. This one isn't so old but the last couple years haven't been kind.

This one is a wee bit older.

This one had the luxury of two whole rooms, but it didnt show up well in the picture.

This one I didn't even notice until my way back down. I was distracted by the first one.

There was something very dead and very stinky out there. Ravens were calling, and who knows what else might have been around feeding on it. I was glad the dogs stuck with me.

This doesn't look much like a path, but if you paid attention, you'd notice it. It jumped across and brought you to a different trail I like to call the Spiderwoods.

Pretty little "trail."

The Spiderwoods trail (below). I got a video. I wish blogger wasn't so difficult about loading video. This area tends to be dark with a lot of dead branches filled with spiderwebs. Blech. And of course, being alone, I got to break trail through them. I usually do anyway.

Sawyer was a total speed demon all the way back down the mountain. When I successfully got him to stop, stand still, and asked him to go again, he'd take off like he was jumping off a cliff. What a dork. I was sore by the time we hit bottom.

He, on the other hand, surprised me and took a right turn when we got to the trailer and explored another little road/trail. Might have to check that out in the spring when it's prettier.
I don't know why he did that, he wanted back to the trailer so bad. But some four wheelers went by on the road while we were out of sight and I wonder if that was serendipity. Maybe we avoided some bad dudes on Sawyer's weird little end adventure. I am armed two ways, but I still prefer not to see anyone out there.

Not bad for a solo ride on an old horse. 7.6 miles and a lot of elevation gain. I hiked part of it, I'm not that heartless. Fun times! I can't wait to tell you about today's ride! It was even better. I have to run to town now. School supplies to get and work to do.

No comments: