Saturday, November 16, 2019

Heyburn State Park



We had a lovely ride at Heyburn today. I have a new riding buddy, Priscilla, and she brought along a young friend to ride her other horse. Her horses are Indy the buckskin TWH, and Louvisa, the dun Fjord. She has cushings, which is why she has the long coat.



Here Louvisa and Scout are having a splashy party.


The trail here is rocky which made them all want to walk on the edge, which isn't really cool. Luckily the edge is strong and not crumbly.


My good, good Sawyer at the viewpoint.



There was a forest fire on this part of the trail a long time ago. It was an eerie woods, totally silent with no animals, not even birds, until we saw a couple deer, then eventually I heard a few ravens.

This was a sleep pull! Poor horses:

Plummer Creek:



It was a long ride, especially for Sawyer. The mileage on the map was not correct. But he was a trooper. He's been feeling better since I stopped feeding him hay, and about a week and a half ago I started giving him Equioxx daily rather than just every now and then. No more colic episodes, unless he sneaks some hay from the donkeys under the fence. I like that better than thinking of putting him down.

Tomorrow we're going on a shorter, easier ride close to home. I'll take Buster, these boys deserve a break!

I may try to catch up with some other ride notes and pics, but I might just try to start up again from here. I miss blogging!

1 comment:

Snipe said...

Sounds like a fun ride!