Sunday, November 24, 2019

I can't believe this weather

We're still getting out to ride in late November!

Lots of rides at home.

Halla is making progress. Lots of fear at the mounting block, but then tons of licking and chewing and yawning and walking with her head and neck long and low. She's realizing she's not going to die. Literally. Poor horse, to be so worried!

I got a thermal waterproof riding skirt on Etsy for Christmas and I LOVE it. I would have preferred brown. If you go searching for it look for the ones made by Gala Grin in Ukraine. Her store is called Horse Related Gifts. Some of her stock is in the US so gets here fast, as with this skirt. I could have custom ordered brown but I didn't want to wait. It's great for chores too.

Old man, not feeling like riding.

Beautiful Hala.

She doesn't have bitch face!

Scout man

Wenalmost missed our ride yesterday! See John in the truck engine?

But I saddled up as he worked and we made it!

Getting ready at a new friend's house:







Road riding is not my favorite but it allows for some experiences you don't get on the trail, like crazybhorses and mules running up, semis driving by, and bad dogs creeping through the grass trying to follow us. :D Also, it's always good to make new horseback riding friends!

I'm not proofreading, so forgive any heinous typos or auto corrects! I gotta run!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I’ve been watching your riding posts on Facebook! Loving all your adventures.

After dealing with Penny’s illness, I’m wondering if Sawyer didn’t have adhesions sometime in his life from inflammation. You did so much to keep him going as long as possible. Good horse mama!