Wednesday, July 18, 2007

We were going to unload hay but John had a conference call to take care of first, so I got my Tonka boy out of the pasture. He crossed several hoses and only one bothered him. The "snake" in the grass. We looked at all the potentially scary stuff and then I mounted up, yielded misc body parts, etc. John came out when his call was over and took pictures.


Here you can see a great picture for diet motivation. ugh. But Tonka looks good! That's the piece of OSB that we lit some fireworks on (and he pooped on yesterday). He's looking at it, but not too worried.


Isn't he just a darling boy?

We rode OVER the scary grass hose with just a slight change in speed, then went further on down the driveway to where we had some new stuff to look at, and the truck and trailer were parked. I had to make myself get off, because John was getting ready to unload hay and I needed to help. (By the way, we are now DONE picking up and stacking hay for the year. YAY!) I sure didn't want to be done riding. I'm going to try to go again tonight, and go out and about all over the property. Hopefully the kids will be having a sleepover and John can go with me.

I'm on cloud nine. I just love this horse. I couldn't say exactly why either. I love his curiosity, and that open, interested look on his face, and his silly ears, and his big feet, and his nose, and his Fabio mane, and on and on... He's a special boy.

No comments: