Sunday, April 20, 2008


I thought Scout's eye was getting better but now it seems to be shrinking. The eye itself, that is... I just got off the phone with the vet, there's nothing they can do today but they'll be out to look at him tomorrow. In which case they still might not be able to help him. If it's a puncture draining the eye I'll have to find an opthamologist unless there's a vet at WSU who knows how to deal with this. It could be a pain response though, a muscle behind the eye pulling the eye back into the head. I really, really hope that's the case. Then we can just put him on anti-inflammatories and gastro-gard, or maybe that isn't even necessary, I'm not sure...

I'm a mess, worried he's going to lose his eye. I don't think I want anything to do with any more foals or mares who can't watch where they're putting their feet! I watched her knock his pastern really hard today, not kicking but running into him. Frustrating.

Seriously, I'm freaking out. I don't know what we'll do if he is going to lose the eye. I think I'll go look up information on training a one-eyed horse...

No comments: