Monday, April 21, 2008

Scout's eye is going to be okay! Yay! I can't tell you how relieved I am. It was the muscle behind the eye pulling it back because of pain, the eye itself is not shrunken. There is some abnormality in the back of the eye, but it sounds like it should heal, and even if it doesn't they didn't think it would cause him trouble.

In the trailer:

They did really well with their trip to WSU again. Took about 2 minutes to load Bella and another several minutes to convince Scout to go in rather than wandering around investigating. The ride was uneventful, except he has a little cut on his leg now but it's barely anything. The worst part was when they stuck the needle in his vein to sedate him. Scout played leaping Lippizan but they kept a hold of him and then all was well and he got very droopy.

I do have to give him a anti-inflammatory medication but it's a new drug that's supposed to be safe for the GI tract. I hope so... They told me I didn't need any additional medication to protect him from ulcers.

On the way out Bella practically jumped right in the trailer and Scout was right behind her. So we're home now, and all is well. I'm exhausted. This has sure been stressful.

4 comments:

Callie said...

Oh,that is good news! Really good news!

Anonymous said...

So happy all is well. On the up side he is now trailer trained as is Bella! I hope it is their last trip to the vet.

Pony Girl said...

That is such good news, and what a cutie that Scout is!

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Thanks everyone! I sure hope he's done with the vet for a while too.