Saturday, April 19, 2008

Okay, so most of you know I like to make rope halters. I've decided to do a special on halters for the next week or so, trying to raise money for my trip to the mustang adoption. Diesel is really expensive, and with these recent vet bills we're a little tight.

So, here's an example of what I have for sale:
(Not the horse, of course.)

This halter is made of Samson 5mm kayak cord. Thin and stiff for training or everyday use, it's only as harsh as you make it. It does have all the correct knots, the fiador below the chin and lover's (double overhand) knots at all other points. I can make them with 2 or 4 nose knots, and can make custom sizes, although they are extremely adjustable. This size should fit anything from a small horse to a draft. Ponies and very large draft horses would need a different size, and if using them for riding you might want a more custom fit. You might notice that the tie end is a bit short here. This one was made specifically for Tonka, I don't normally cut them that short, so you would still have a lot of adjustability.

For the next week I'm offering them for $13 each including shipping, or $10 each for orders of three or more. These halters are sold by famous clinicians for quite a bit more. Paypal preferred. Checks accepted but I will wait until 10 days after the check is deposited to mail the halter.

Here's an example of a foal halter on the none-too-pleased Scout:
Leave me a comment if you're interested and I'll get right back to you.

3 comments:

Lady Of Chaos said...

I missed this lol. I haven't been on much since I'm on foal watch for two mares right now. I'd love some rope halters... I'll take 3. I need one for my arab stallion (small muzzle) and two others, one for our half arab gelding and one for my mustang Nahima. Let me know where to paypal to.

BTW that little Scout is ssooooo cute. I can't wait til I get a foal fix of my own. Have a great week.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

So when are you expecting your foals? Not that you can really "expect" them to do anything predictable... I can't wait to see pictures!

I'll send you my paypal address, thanks for the order! I'll work on getting the halters made today.

Lady Of Chaos said...

I have one mare 3 days overdue and another that's due the 7th but is all bagged up and ready to go now. Then I have a mare due Memorial Day weekend and one due June 6th. Then there's the two 'maybe' mares, one would be due the beginning of July and the other the middle of July. I'm gonna be so busy lol. I will post pics when they arrive. :)