Monday, September 08, 2008

My son is weird! I was just standing in the living room, and he's in his room, and he says in the weirdest voice, out of nowhere, "Hi. My name is Joe and I work in a button factory. Once day my boss came up to me and said, 'I am a dog.'" He can't read that well yet, so he's not reading a story... I have no idea where that came from. Oh! Now it makes more sense. Part of it was from a song they sing in music sometimes... But not knowing where it came from, it was funny. Probably one of those things where you had to be there.

We have been so busy this past weekend. We're doing some home "improvements" that actually make the house look like terrible, but when we get the painting done it will be nice.

Here's my before photo:

Then we tore out the bushes, powerwashed, and are in the process of scraping.

Here it is now:

Here's where the bushes went, along with some tree branches that needed to come off:

Here's a baby trail horse in training:

Here's what John did for the past 24 hours:

Well, he didn't tow around a tractor for that long, he used the tractor to mow weeds. I want a tractor. Really bad. And this one was really fun to drive. But this tractor, used, goes for around 20k, and it doesn't have anywhere near the power we'd need.

Today we bought primer and paint for the bathroom, which my mom has made her pet project. It was pretty bad. The paint on the ceiling was peeling, there were tobacco stains bleeding through the paint, and there were some cracks in the plaster. So it's getting a facelift too. I didn't take before pictures, and I probably won't take after pictures. It's really not that interesting...

Once we were done at the paint store, John came back with the tractor, my sister showed up with her horse, the Roto Rooter guy came several hours early, the PCEI people who are working on our creek showed up, and it was crazy. Oh, and I had bread dough to tend to this whole time as well. Finally everyone left, except my sister, and then she and my mom and I went for a ride. It was interesting. My horse was pretty good but not perfect. Soxy was trying to eat and not listening

I just heard a big sploosh and an "oh shit" from the bathroom gotta go.

Update: Yep. My mom spilled a gallon of paint in my bathroom. She assures me she has it under control now though. I'm going to go do dishes while I enjoy my state of denial.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

Lol, I love that last part :)

Lea and her Mustangs said...

You are funny Andrea. Stay in your state of denial.