Saturday, October 03, 2009

We are back home. And it rained! The dust is gone! Oh glorious day. Eventually I'll get tired of the wet, but not yet.

The funeral was interesting. It was good to see everyone but I couldn't help thinking I wished my grandma was there too. She would have loved a get-together like that.

Huck was so happy to get home. I underestimated how difficult it would be to travel with a puppy. He was attached to me by a leash most of the time. Some of the time he was in his crate. He didn't get a whole lot of chance to run and play. And he missed his doggie friends.

We saw bighorn sheep in the Gorge both times through, and we saw a whole bunch of mule deer somewhere near Hooper. One of them was suicidal, but John managed to hit the brakes hard and fast enough to avoid it. That sure puts some spice in life.

I have a cold, or maybe the flu. I had a fever. That makes it the flu, doesn't it? I can never remember the difference. I think the fever is gone but the coughing and snot aren't much fun.

An update on my dog who "isn't quite right" and I fear she has cancer: bloodwork was normal. Which is good, but we still need to figure out what's up. He wants me to treat her for an ulcer and worm her. If those don't make a difference we'll do a chest x-ray and look for a tumor.

The horses seemed fine when I fed last night, except for Coda, who is having more trouble getting around. I don't want to dwell too much on that right now, but his time is coming. I am very late to feed this morning so I'd better get off this computer and get to it! More Anchor news will be reported as it happens. :)

No comments: