Saturday, November 27, 2010

"Go outside?"
And so we went outside and brought the girls in from pasture. It was funny watching them nose around in the snow to graze. They were up to their eyeballs in snow but still getting lots of grass to eat, so I had to bring them in after a couple hours.
After that I got Tonka out of the pasture and we went on a short ride, bareback. He got my coveralls all wet. And I don't think a ride was on his agenda for today. When I'd put my leg over he'd throw his head in the air. I still wonder if it hurts him when I ride him bareback. He seemed to do well with a bareback pad during the fall, but he doesn't seem to like it with no padding at all.


Dingleberry - I mean Huckleberry - grew quite the colony of snowballs while we were out playing.
You can't tell much from the pictures but we've got a lot of snow to trudge around in, especially when your depth perception fails you and you find yourself in a drift. My mom's little dog was having trouble getting through it - he had to follow in our footprints and still had to leap around to get where he was going. It's been snowing steadily all day. I think we're going to have to plow the driveway again in the morning. I sure am glad we got that tractor.

I hope you're all enjoying the post-thanksgiving turkey haze. I'm enjoying it, I think. I even allowed myself to sit down and watch a whole movie today! Normally there's so much to do I can't sit down for that long. I think I'm going to have to find something to do tomorrow or I might go crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of snow! Glad you got in a bareback ride - that's fun in cold weather!