Tuesday, November 09, 2010

I've got my mojo back! I think I just needed something to look forward to.

My sister and I were talking about how we'd like to have a group of like-minded people to ride with. Actually it was more my sister's idea, because I'm generally pretty happy to have anybody to ride with. But she wants a group that is into... compassionate horsemanship? Feeling horsemanship? I don't really know the right term for it, but it's not forcing a horse to comply, and it's not necessarily natural horsemanship, which can just be another way of forcing the horse. It's kinda woo-woo and vague and undefined. Focused on the journey and not the results. Unrushed. Anyone who has been to a Mark Rashid clinic will know what I'm talking about. We're going to get together sometime next week with a few other people, unplanned agenda, and kinda see what happens.

Besides that, we went for a walk/ride today. I alternated walking and riding and Amy had to walk because her horse has a chunk missing out of his back and it needs to heal before she rides him again. It was good to see how he did with Tonka along for the walk, so that we'll know how they do when we ride together for the first time.

My sister is kind of shocked to find that she has enough hair now that it interferes with her peripheral vision. It came back very curly, but maybe it will straighten out as it gets longer.

Tonka got to enjoy a very rare treat after playing in the water- grazing while at work.
(One of these days I'm going to have to start taking better pictures)

Amy's horse has a new name - Lakota. It means friends, allies, or those who are united. Kinda similar to my boy's full name, Khota Tonka.
She's still just tickled pink with her new boy. He's a good horse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm fortunate to have a small group of people at my barn to occasionally ride with who meet your description. Not getting to ride too much with them yet but hope to do more.