Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Scout's first trail ride was a resounding success! I had such a great time. A huge Thank You to Melissa and Rosie for babysitting us (and bringing your camera). And a great big Thank You to Keith Danielson from Hooper Crossing Ranch for putting such a wonderful handle on my baby.
He's so mellow! We both (Scout and I) started out with some nerves, so I hiked for a while. But we spent most of our time riding, and he did so well! Very alert and forward (a case of nervous motion) but also very responsive. He rated off my seat with little help from my hands, moved off my leg, and stopped nicely. He had a fair amount of trouble staying stopped. Colt stuff. Wiggle wiggle. He just wanted to keep moving. By the end of our 4 hour ride we were both totally relaxed and enjoying every minute of the ride.

As you can see, he's a pretty stand-offish guy...


I'm looking forward to many happy rides ahead. He's going to make a spectacular trail horse.

4 comments:

Kara said...

That's wonderful! I know you love Tonka and he is your #1 horse, but I think you are going to really appreciate the differences between him and Scout...Scout will some day make a great partner! And if you ride him often, you will become even more bonded than you already are!

Margaret said...

Wiggle, wiggle. That made me laugh. A four hour trail ride... I can't wait for that to happen with me and my horse! Maybe this fall :) Scout seems like a sweet ride.

Anonymous said...

Really wonderful - it sounds like you both had a great time!

Lea and her Mustangs said...

Good job