Tuesday, August 21, 2012

This morning's nice ride at home was cut short by a storm coming in. 

 Tonka wasn't having a fit about the thunder and lightning or the big wind, but he was very alert.  I decided to put him back in the pasture so he could run around and enjoy the storm, but then he just stood there.  Oh well.  Now I have two horses to ride later, and I have a head cold AGAIN.  Maybe I'll ride Tonka and pony Scout, and get them both exercised at once.

One of my hens laid this horrible egg in my barn.  I guess that's calcium all over the outside of the shell.  I don't know why she made it that way, but there was definitely something wrong in her egg factory.  Poor hen!  Imagine giving birth to something that hard and knobby.
Well, that's about it for now.  As you can see, life is pretty exciting around here!

2 comments:

cindy durham said...

Do you try to ride almost everyday?

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

I do lately. I really should all the time, but when it's really hot or really icky out I don't, and sometimes I just lose motivation. But Tonka is feeling so good lately, I want to keep it that way. And Scout is young and green and needs riding. I do my best, but really I don't ride all that much most of the year. September is always a good month with the kids in school and the weather pretty nice.