Saturday, May 21, 2016

To do, or not to do

I'm going to go meet a trainer and check out his facilities today. I've watched his videos on facebook and what he does looks good. I don't like his price. $850 for a calendar month, which would work out to just 20 days of training. Not sure he can get enough done in that amount of time, but I'll ask him about that.

I also don't like the idea of sending him away for a month. :(

I'm thinking could start Duncan on my own, but it would be a slower process, and frankly I'd rather someone else take the risk. This guy isn't afraid to ride out a buck if necessary, whereas for me it would be a big deal. Not that I expect Duncan to blow up like that, but anything can happen.

Duncan has made so much progress so far. It seems like little stuff until I think back on where we started. He even stands still for fly spray without even being haltered.

He's much more relaxed about everything, really.
I don't want to lose that by sending him to a new place and different people I don't really know well.

In other news, both of the boys are going to get their dental work done on Monday. I can't wait. Duncan has really sharp points.

3 comments:

T.L. Merrybard said...

What about the people who started Scout for you? I thought that seemed pretty painless and he's been a good boy ever since considering he doesn't get all that regular work.

Normally I'd say do it yourself, but really just now, what with your tummy and head, I'm not sure you should! :)

Linda said...

I've been where you are many times,wondering what to do about training. It was easier way back when I boarded and there were trainers at the facility. Dropping them off at a new place for a month doesn't sit well with me anymore.

Linda said...

I've been where you are many times,wondering what to do about training. It was easier way back when I boarded and there were trainers at the facility. Dropping them off at a new place for a month doesn't sit well with me anymore.