Friday, June 07, 2019

Great New Things

Oh my gosh, as usual I have so much to tell you.

We got a new trailer!  I love it!  We made a lightning fast trip into Montana to get it.  It was hard to find one that had everything we both wanted that was in our price range and big enough to fit Scout.  This one was more than I really wanted to spend, but still doable.  John had to have a shower (rolls eyes) and I had to have a door to go through to the horse area.  I imagine if I ever go camping with just me and Buster, I can take out the dividers and he can sleep inside and we can keep each other company.  :)

We must name her, like a ship.  I just don't know what to name her.  SerenityWayfinder?

We camped overnight at a little free campground called Moose Creek near Lincoln, Montana.  No amenities except a very clean pit toilet and a beautiful river.  The Blackfoot river, if I remember right.  The trailer was comfortable to sleep in.  I need a step-stool to get up to the bed.

We took a little detour on the way home to go to my favorite place in the world.  The Flathead river.  There is something about this place.  I need to get my whole self into this water someday.  Why is it turquoise? It felt so good on my hands.  This whole place is uplifting, spiritual.  It's on the reservation, so still pretty pristine, not a lot of houses.  I absolutely love it.

This morning another new thing came.  The horses thought it was dropped off by aliens, but actually a nice guy with a big trailer dropped it off.  It's only 11x12 feet but it's plenty big enough for a couple horses who will share.  I had it made by Palouse Ranches and they do make larger shelters and deliver to farther locations if you're interested.  He was headed to Tri-Cities next.  They were really easy to deal with, and it only took a couple weeks to get this done.  This isn't their busy season though.

He had to drop it in the driveway because of some low branches, and we moved it the rest of the way.  It's designed to be easily skidded around.  Super easy!  I was worried it might be too heavy but it was no problem at all.

Okay, so I wasn't going to show you the inside of the trailer until I had it looking more put together, but let's be real, I'm not going to have it more put together, I'm going to be using it and making messes.

The couch has a table you can put up to play cards or whatnot, and it also can become a shortish bed.

The bed (the bedding had dried up old dead bugs.  Eww.)  That whitish bar in the foreground on the left is a TV stand.  It's going to come out.  We don't watch TV at home, let alone when we're camping.
The kitchen has a fridge, 2 burner stove, microwave, and sink.  I guess I forgot to include the bathroom but it has a shower and a toilet, to the left of this photo.  The door to the horses is there too.

The rear tack is removable.  It barely fits enough gear for 3 horses including helmets.  The blanket bar isn't long enough for our saddle pads.  They should have set the saddle rack a bit farther back to make a little more room.  No biggie.
Oh, and above you can see all the lights inside and out for loading.  Pretty neat.

Front stud divider and escape door in front, drop down windows on the head side and sliders on the butt side.  I haven't loaded anyone yet but it should have stalls about the same size as our Logan, which is a BIG trailer.  It was surprisingly hard to find one with big enough stalls for Scout.

Also a little medical news - I have idiopathic hypersomnia, which is a pretty rare sleep disorder a lot like narcolepsy.  Basically it means they don't know why, but I sleep a lot. I fell asleep at every opportunity they gave me during the day in less than 4 minutes.  Apparently most people don't do that. :) (Or it could be narcolepsy, which is more common, if one of my meds interfered with my REM sleep cycle test results.)

They aren't 100% positive on the what or why, but I'm not normal.  Shit, I've been telling them that for years, and we're just now figuring it out.  I wish they'd listened to me a long time ago, but at least now we're getting somewhere.  I am trying a drug that's supposed to help me stay awake during the day.  It's not an amphetamine, which is nice, I was worried about taking those.  It seems to help some.  Not a lot.  I stayed awake all day one day so far.  But no bad side effects, which is nice.  I'd love to be able to do things all day like a normal person.

I better git.  I have some packing to do - we're going camping!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Pretty cool! Congratulations!! Looks like you got a good one there. You’ll have so much fun horse camping.

Jenna Blumer said...

Exciting new trailer! I hope they get a diagnosis for you soon.